The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what’s up. Truck won’t start every time! Turns over but won't start. Some times it won’t start when I first try and will start on later attempts. Sometimes it’ll start right up and then won’t start later. Sometimes it starts every time. It eventually starts, usually after a 5 to 10 minute wait. Distance driven doesn’t seem to matter because I can drive 5 to 155 miles with same problem. Just started doing this three to four months ago. This truck is not a daily driver but is usually driven at least once every two weeks. I bought new CPS and put on with no change. Fuel pressure is 60 psi and HPOP pressure is 2000 psi at start according to gauges. I've noticed very small amounts of smoke at exhaust when it doesn't start. Once it starts it runs and pulls fine. Got modified IDM about one month ago, but problem pre-existed this mod.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Happened again this weekend. No start on first try Saturday and easy start this morning. Anyone with an idea?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll start there. I've got a plug in volt meter and I'll record the volt readings the next few times I'm in the truck to see what kind of readings I'm getting.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
444-4D You are right on the money. I bought two new batteries three weeks ago and its started every time since. I guess that little more power making the turnover faster makes a difference. Thanks 444-4D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts