The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 idi that has been kicking my butt for months now and won't start. My glow plugs are brand new, my injectors and injector pump are new. It has brand new batteries and cranks over but won't start. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Three things needed for it to run. Fuel air and heat, check for fuel, make sure there is fuel at the filter, (schrader valve) crack the injector lines and crank the engine until you see fuel coming out the line at the injector, tighten them back up, and then check for heat. New glow plugs, are they getting power? There is a fusible link coming off the relay on the fender well, I've seen them break, and never show it through the insulation, show voltage at the glow plug relay until it is put under a load. I pulled my hair out on that one for a while. is the glow plug relay any good? Are you getting power all the way to the glow plugs? Does the starter turn fast enough to get the right RPM to make the engine run? If it has an operating block heater try plugging it in, might help it start. Off hand I can't think of anything else, if you get a little more specific it might help us figure out what is wrong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts