The Diesel Stop banner

woooo hooooooo

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Spotty 
[ QUOTE ]
Start saving for a new torque converter too.. Love my DP-Tuner but I'm sad to say if your tranny is bone stock, your TC will most likely end up ghosting the lock up clutch like mine. I'm still running on it but I have to "manually" shift this automatic.. As in, get off the pedal, let it shift, then get back in it.. LOL! Otherwise, when the TC goes to lock up, it'll slliiiiippp like crazy! Enjoy your new found power and be sure to find a couple ricers with a 8" tip dragging out the back to out run.. It's fun!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif
DH

[/ QUOTE ]hey man my truck is getting a new t/c as we speak haha. few months of my chip my t/c went south all good though im getting a way better one.

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful, I put a programmer in my 97', it was all fun until the tranny went out next day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was bad enough paying for the exhaust, programmer, and gauges; but the tranny was an expense I wasn't planning on, lol....

It sure would roast the tires though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah make sure ur tranny is taken care of. mine didnt go out but a few months after the chip my tranny started slipping crappy factory t/c but its getting replaced with a very strong one so i wont do it again.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Be careful, I put a programmer in my 97', it was all fun until the tranny went out next day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It was bad enough paying for the exhaust, programmer, and gauges; but the tranny was an expense I wasn't planning on, lol....

It sure would roast the tires though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah make sure ur tranny is taken care of. mine didnt go out but a few months after the chip my tranny started slipping crappy factory t/c but its getting replaced with a very strong one so i wont do it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

So yours was TC, I was wondering about that.

[/ QUOTE ]well it went in for a front pump seal and when he looked at the t/c he said it was bad and i knew it was slipping. yeah it suck but i told him the truth about every thing and he said he would put a mean one in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.