The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2016 f350 4x4 dully 6.7 with 80,000 miles for $30,000. It got deff in the tank and had the whole fuel system replaced by ford dealer. Would you buy one that had this issue.
I can't believe I am thinking of letting my old 7.3 go.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
I see no issues as long as the dealer warrants the parts in the contaminated fuel kit for the 2 years and the labor provided you were not the cause of a fuel fuel related problem

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The damage this causes has no impact on the base engine, it only harms the injection pump, injectors, rails, fuel pressure sensor and relief valve. The tank and filter housing need to be flushed and there are some lines that are usually replaced. The kit has all but the pieces that vary with model year within an injector and pump use group. If the truck has been in use for a few thousand miles post repair then the work was done correctly as the corrosion and failure from DEF contamination not dealt with properly comes back in a short time.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
@larrgh has you covered. Make them put it on paper they will cover any and all costs for those components over the next two years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts