The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2015 f350 fx4 crew cab dually 6.7. 128,000. Def delete egr unplugged tuned with a shift on the fly knob but I bought truck like this and I do not have the tuner nor do I know who what where how it was tuned. That being said wrench light along with traction control light came on and the tranny won’t shift unless I put in M and shift with the buttons. Shop couldn’t read any codes cause the tuner that I don’t have has the Emc locked. Was told it may be the sensor on top of rear end but really no shop or person I’ve talked to has ever seen this (only would happen to me) but anyway. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this ?

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
If I had to guess by you symptoms an the wrench light being on it's one of the two speed sensors inside the transmission. You need to scan the truck for codes and go from there. Guessing is usually more expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ford_doctor. Yes I understand I need to scan for codes but the Emc is locked because of previous owners tune they put on it and all it has is shift on fly knob nothing else. So to read codes I have to buy and install whole new tuner trying to avoid having to do that right at the moment. I changed sensor on top of rear wind and the light still came on and it still didn’t want to shift in D but manually shifts in M just fine.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Good luck with that. You need to try to identify what is in the truck with regards to the tuner. If there is a knob/switch follow the wiring looking for some kind of an interface, connector, anything that might give a clue and how to deal with it. Otherwise you are just pissing in the wind. Your wrench light means you have a powertrain fault. Not an ABS sensor...

Another thought - if you have a scan tool capable of manually identifying the vehicle and successfully connects you can try accessing codes in the TCM. Your diesel truck had a PCM for the engine where your tune resides and a separate transmission control module for the transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ford doctor. Thank you. The only thing it has is a shift on the fly knob. The wire runs from it all the way to the connector that was supposed to be plugged into the lower air inlet for the turbo intercooler. There’s nothing else

1 - 5 of 5 Posts