The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys......I have a 15' 6.7D and over the weekend put in non-low sulfur/reg diesel gas in it......I realized it after I did I guess I just assumed it was low-sulfur until I turned around and the other pump had the stickers all over it yikes.......(this is my 1st diesel cop out)...I ran about half the tank out with no known problems seem to run fine and it doesn't seem to run any louder.....am I ok or should I be worried?
Thanx Ross

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
Where did you purchase the fuel? Unless you were at a co-op or some place that sold agricultural diesel (which I can't imagine being close to a vehicle pump) I don't think anything but ULSD is available anywhere in the country. More likely the sticker wasn't there. Even if you did find a source for good, ol' fashioned diesel, it doesn't seem that it would hurt anything. There is a thread out there about running the 6.7 in Mexico where ULSD isn't available yet and they had no issues.

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
I believe that the trucks that are sold out of the US have a different stradigity as far as regeneration's or fuel is concerned. And that they are really designed to run on the fuel in the country that they are sold in.

I don't believe that you can get anything other than 15ppm diesel fuel here in the US, even off road fuel is 15ppm now I do believe.

Reactions: Vikinglover42

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where did you purchase the fuel? Unless you were at a co-op or some place that sold agricultural diesel (which I can't imagine being close to a vehicle pump) I don't think anything but ULSD is available anywhere in the country. More likely the sticker wasn't there. Even if you did find a source for good, ol' fashioned diesel, it doesn't seem that it would hurt anything. There is a thread out there about running the 6.7 in Mexico where ULSD isn't available yet and they had no issues.

It was in Muskegon MI..........it was a BP gas station.....It could have been that the sticker was gone? I thought it was strange tho for some reason the nozzle seemed larger than normal I was in a hurry and just didn't realize that on the other side of the truck was another pump and the sticker was there?

·
Premium Member
15,096 Posts
You're fine - there are no vehicle fueling stations that sell anything but ULSD in the US. The only possible exception would be agricultural use and I'm pretty sure they've all switched over by now. I know marine diesel is now ULSD.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You are 100% okay. All diesel sold at the pump is ULSD, even the fuel that is delivered to farm tanks is ULSD. Due to emissions laws tractors fall under tier 4 requirements since about 2013, thus require the use of ULSD. The only difference between on-road and off-road fuel is that the added red dye and it cost about $0.21 less per gallon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts