The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when I bring up the "Other" forum, I get a "You last visited" date and time that isn't the last date & time I visited. Also the topic order is obsolete. By clicking "Refresh" on the Internet Explorer top bar, the most correct most recent visit time and date comes up, along with an up to date topic order. Is this my computer problem or coming from the Ford-Diesel.com end? I have tried going to "Disk Cleanup" in Windows 98 "System Tools" and clearing out all the 'temporary files', but this does not seem to affect the problem of wrong date & time the second time after this that I log on F-D.com.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Maj.

Go to your desktop. Right click on IE and left click on properties. You should see a box titled temporary internet files under the general tab.

Click on settings and you will see a choice of when to check for new pages. Sounds like you might be on "never." Change it to "everytime you visit the page" and I think you will be all set.

This may not be exactly right as I'm at work and we have an older version of IE here.

Hope this helps.

Rich

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RichS. Your suggestion solved the problem, it was set on "Never". Thanks, and I owe you a beer next time you're in Silicon Valley, CA.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Maj.

I am at home now with the latest and greatest version of IE and I see it has a setting for "automatically." That's the one I have it set on. Don't know what difference if any that makes, though. Glad to see it worked.

California? It will probably be a long time, but thanks for the offer. I'll just run to the fridge right now, pop one open and say "Thanks Maj,"

Rich
---------------
"Oh! Molson Ice in a frosted mug!
Thank You Sir!"

[This message has been edited by RichS (edited 05-17-2000).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts