The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2010 F-350 and have them taking $10,500 off of sticker, I was talking to a friend that has a sister that works for Ford that will let me use her PIN # (evidently they get 6 per year to give away) How much more will come off of the price? I thought I had read that you wait until the last minute to let them (dealer) know about PIN #. Thanks for your response.
Tim

·
Super Moderator
11,629 Posts
You're supposed to tell the dealer up front about a PIN. It doesn't hurt you to do that as the price with a PIN is fixed by Ford, not the dealer. There is no negotiating when you have a PIN.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
Thanks for your reply. What percent off is the x-plan and do you add the rebates on top?
Thank you,
Tim

·
Super Moderator
11,629 Posts
I don't remember the percentages. Any rebates are still good with the X plan.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You're supposed to tell the dealer up front about a PIN. It doesn't hurt you to do that as the price with a PIN is fixed by Ford, not the dealer. There is no negotiating when you have a PIN.
What I found when I bought my 2008 F250 PSD is that different stealers gave me different prices for the *same* truck. I know it's the same truck because my truck was rare and I knew the VIN. Most of the stealers I asked covered up the VIN from the invoice, but I knew it was the same truck. So anyway, I had several different stealers fighting to sell me the same truck.

My local stealer, right down the street, tried to tack on about $1000 and they covered up the "X-Plan" pricing from the invoice. When I confronted them about it, they told me they'd throw in an alarm system and a DVD player. Guess what. I'm not paying $1000 for an alarm system and a DVD player that I can get for less than half the price.

I called the dealership who was the most upfront about the vehicle pricing, not adding anything they weren't supposed to add or were entitled to. I had them drive the truck to my house where I closed the deal and took ownership of the truck. In and out in less than 30 minutes.

X-Plan, if I remember correctly, was several hundred dollars above invoice. Just to see how well I could do without X-Plan pricing, I called one of the largest dealers in my area asking them how much they'd sell me a truck for similar to the configuration of the truck I wanted. I didn't tell them I had an X-Plan pin. They weren't even *close* and if I recall, didn't seem like they wanted to budge on pricing.

·
Super Moderator
11,629 Posts
They can lose their franchise to sell Fords if they are caught doing what you are alleging. I hope that all dealers that do that will lose their franchise and go away.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I have a local dealer that tried that on me one time. Told me that I was not allowed rebates as well.

Took my business elsewhere and had a one-sided conversation with the owner about that and lack of professionalism by the staff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts