The Diesel Stop banner

X-plan advice

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  buck350 
#1 ·
The 2008 F-250 I'm looking at lists for $32,300. I can buy for $27,300. Will the X-plan get Me more money?
Thanks, Buck

#2 ·
It's easy to do the math, once you have all the numbers. But getting all the numbers together takes time. I'm busy, so I'll let you do the legwork. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Click here, then find your truck in inventory at a dealer. Write down the X_Plan price of that truck.

Then click here and determine the current national rebates and other incentives for your truck in your zip code.

If you're in thick with a dealerperson, then ask if there are any local or regional rebates or other incentives that might apply to your zip code.

Subtract the rebate(s) from the X-Plan price, and that will give you the out-the-door X-Plan cash price of the new truck, not counting TT&L and not including any trade-in or lease return. Of course, you'll have to add TT&L to your cash price, and in some areas that can be several thousand dollars. And if you have a trade-in or lease return, you're on your own. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

#4 ·
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the X-plan get Me more money</div></div>

Not enough difference to write home about.

You're talking about an XL without much on it. I found one with a sticker of 33,155 and X-Plan price of 28,115 including rebates. That's $5,040 off compared to your $5,000. But there's probably more savings with the X-Plan deal than that $40. On the X-Plan deal, the dealer is not allowed to add anything to the contract to increase dealer profit. So no "documentation fee", no "inventory tax", no "dealer prep" charge, no "IDP" which we know is "increased dealer profit". So the X-Plan deal is still probably worth the effort.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.