The Diesel Stop banner

X-plan pin number question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Diesel_Aggie 
#1 ·
I belong to EAA and I have x-plan, but my stepson wants to buy a new car and I was wondering if I can get a pin number for him. Should I fill out the info in his name with his social security number or mine. If anyone could answer this one I would be extremely greatful. He's going to buy the car tomorrow. Thanks in advance.
Dan

#2 ·
You may want to check your X-plan provider’s rules as to who is eligible, as the standard X-plan and the Ford Partner Recognition Program which is also considered X-plan have different rules. Usually a X-plan PIN provided by a employer or organization are only for that particular person and possibly thier spouse, it cannot be used by other family members or friends. However a Ford employee/retiree can issue a X-plan PIN to pretty much whomever they choose, as the eligibility rules are different.

#3 ·
i think the eaa is only good for the eaa member, not extended family.

but, depends on the dealer, i ve never had neither the ford or lincoln dealer ask for eaa card or printed proof of the xplan pin code.

my 06 navigator came from dealer in michigan, on the deal it had a xplan pricing, using a pin code i guess from a dealer member ?

depending on what he s looking to buy, sometimes x dollars over invoice is cheaper than xplan.

#4 ·
From http://www.eaa.org/communications/eaanews/ford_partner.html

"Who is eligible to participate in EAA's Partner Recognition Program?

Beginning Sept 12, 2006, a significant change in the plan goes into effect that rewards loyal and sustaining membership of EAA. Only individuals who have been EAA members for one full year or more will be eligible for the plan. Also members of the EAA member's household are now eligible - that means any family member or friend who lives with the EAA member can participate as long as their valid driver's license proves household status. Those who joined on or before November 30, 2001, will be grand fathered into the program, making them eligible to participate in the program."

If your son can prove the same address as you your EAA PINs will work.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.