The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Which is a better deal for the dealer, X-plan or Keep it Simple Price. I know I read somehwere in the forums (which I guess is subject to debate) that the dealer gets a little bonus from Ford (I think someone said 500). I guess they still get holdback and other incentives. But what do they get at the Simple Price. They lose a bunch of their normal negotiation advantage where they have the chance to make bigger profit. But dollar for dollar since there is only about a $100 dollar difference, is there bigger incentives to the dealer for the Simple Price or are they about the same?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
If I remember correctly, my dealer told me they would prefer x-plan over the same price deal without it since they get money from Ford ($500 I believe) from using a PIN. Although that was comparing x-plan to a standard deal. I am not sure what incentives Ford is giving the dealers during "keep it simple".

But even so as the buyer why would you worry about it. $100 less (plus no doc fees) is still money in your pocket.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The way I did it was that I had the name of a good salesman that several of my 4x4 club member had used previously. When I was ready, I called him and told him what I was looking for and that I planned to use an X Plan Pin number and asked him if that was a problem. He said no. We made the appointment, ordered my truck, got what I wanted, nothing I didn't, wrote a check for $250 and now I wait.

Got the VIN number today, so all that's left is writing another check for $40K and one other thing, can't remember what it was though....

Oh yeah, the truck!

Al
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looking at trading my currnet truck in and buying a new truck and camper doing a combo loan (If my payments are going to be almost the same for two seperate loans might as well work the system and go for broke and have only one payment). Was hoping someone out there might be able to hook me up with a pin, I will be going out this weekend and looking. You can PM or email me

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks to one of the members on getting me a pin. Time to go shopping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ready to purchase new truck and looking for a little help in the way of an X plan pin. You can pm me if necessary. Thanks for your time and help.

Joe McGuinness

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks to one of the members on getting me a pin. Already did the deal at 1630. Truck should be here in a couple of days.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is there any I.D. required to acompany the pin #? Boy I'm in the market for A new one. Will have to see anyone I know has Pin qualifications. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes the PIN is issued to a specific person and the dealer WILL check ID. I PM'ed you the contact info.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Is it true, no X-plan on a business/company truck?

Ian

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]I don't know about a "company" truck but I do know it isn't applicable on the F450/550's.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
An X plan car or truck must be titled to a person, not to a business.

·
Registered
195 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Employment for what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'ts my understanding that the X-plan is for employee's of business that Ford deals with. So, I wanted to know if you have a Pin do you also need to prove employment at one of these qualified business.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Well, it's that time again. Can someone send me a PIN number?

It's time to go talk to the dealer and see what we can come up with. I'd sure appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Re: Well, it's that time again. Can someone send me a PIN number?

[ QUOTE ]
It's time to go talk to the dealer and see what we can come up with. I'd sure appreciate the help.

[/ QUOTE ]Are you asking for a PIN? If so PM me.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I'ts my understanding that the X-plan is for employee's of business that Ford deals with. So, I wanted to know if you have a Pin do you also need to prove employment at one of these qualified business.

[/ QUOTE ]It depends how you got your PIN. If you qualify for one on your own then you need to prove how at the dealership. For example I can get a PIN through membership in the DAV and when I use it I need to show my membership card. If you get one of the ones that a Ford employee can give out to anyone he wants, then you simply need to prove you are the person the PIN was assigned to.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am also in need of a pin number. I sold my beloved truck to help fund a buisness venture, but need a new one, I cant take not having one,lol any help would be great. Thanks Brad

21 - 40 of 40 Posts