The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue where my fan starts blowing to locations other than the selected position, with either AC or heater on. However it does not go the to default defrost position, a small amount of air comes out of there but you can hear it blowing somewhere else.

I have checked the lines from the wheels and they seem ok, and I'm not sure which is the vacuum solenoid by the battery, as there are two units there with vacuum lines attached. One of them has a blank "L" type fitting with nothing attached, but it looks like there never was anything attached, at least not anything I can see.

I also checked under the dash, and there is a line that has dropped down that a black and white hose going into each end of a connector, and one side has an empty one that looks like it would hold a hose. I can't see any other lines that would attach to it, nor can I see where it fell down from - so I was hoping another '99 owner (or any other model year that has the same setup) might be able to tell me if there is a 3rd line on this fitting, and if so, where it comes from.

pics are attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an issue where my fan starts blowing to locations other than the selected position, with either AC or heater on. However it does not go the to default defrost position, a small amount of air comes out of there but you can hear it blowing somewhere else.

I have checked the lines from the wheels and they seem ok, and I'm not sure which is the vacuum solenoid by the battery, as there are two units there with vacuum lines attached. One of them has a blank "L" type fitting with nothing attached, but it looks like there never was anything attached, at least not anything I can see.

I also checked under the dash, and there is a line that has dropped down that a black and white hose going into each end of a connector, and one side has an empty one that looks like it would hold a hose. I can't see any other lines that would attach to it, nor can I see where it fell down from - so I was hoping another '99 owner (or any other model year that has the same setup) might be able to tell me if there is a 3rd line on this fitting, and if so, where it comes from.

pics are attached
There is no third line at that point. The black line is providing vacuum for the a/c switch to close the door and get air where you want it. when set to max air the vacuum is then sent back on the white line hooked to the actuator in the area you are looking. Check for vacuum on the black line. If you have vacuum there you can hook it to the actuator for temporary fix. If no vac there check under the hood top left above the evaporator case at the splice connector. If you have vac there it is lost most likely at the T in the like. That T is also a check valve so make sure not to put it in backwards.

·
Super Moderator
25,492 Posts
That second "solenoid" is actually the vacuum pump. The white fitting is the exhaust for the pump. Like Feets said, there are only 2 lines at that fitting in your second pic. The black one coming thru the firewall is the vacuum source from the pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts