21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
They also have 50,000 mile warranty; so sounds like a good choice.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
That's one heck of a price. Wow. The one review dosen't help, would love feedback from you.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That's one heck of a price. Wow. The one review dosen't help, would love feedback from you.

I ordered them last night, waiting on a callback on when they will arrive. I did some googling since I don't rely on just one feedback, and found that the few people who have bought this tire, all liked them, so 10 for 10 or how many I found were all positive. Sure can't beat the price though, not when everything else is at least $100 more each tire.

What I found interesting is these are all season tires, but have stud holes in the tread for winter studding.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I ordered them last night, waiting on a callback on when they will arrive. I did some googling since I don't rely on just one feedback, and found that the few people who have bought this tire, all liked them, so 10 for 10 or how many I found were all positive. Sure can't beat the price though, not when everything else is at least $100 more each tire.

What I found interesting is these are all season tires, but have stud holes in the tread for winter studding.

Thank you for your business ACD2. If you get a chance please let us know your opinion of your new tires after you put some miles on them.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
The only problem with discount tire(I purchase 90% of my tires from Discount tire) is when you buy the tires they seem to really have the ability to work you in and get them put on, but when you need a rotation it seems like a longer wait and not as flexible?

I'm thinking of turning into that guy that shows up 10 minutes before they close....I know I wont be waiting 2 hours then.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I make appointments at discount tire for my rotation. With six tires, each one gets checked for balance before they are rotated. You need to allow some time for that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had good luck with Toyo Open Country tires from Les Schwab. They have 3 tread patterns. I like the middle one, which is rated for snow but quiet on the highway. They lasted over 60,000 miles. Now I am running Cooper Backcountry made in America tires. Really good.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Great tire deals right now as Discount Tire since business has dropped due to Covid-19.

BFG KO2 are $100/off set of 4.

I just bought some General Grabber ATX in 285/75/16. Rated 50,000 miles. They have an identical tread pattern to KO2.

I have always had good luck with General tires but their factory warranty is not as good as Michelin.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Thank you for your business ArcticDriver, we appreciate your support.
All my tires are purchased from Discount Tire and the Shop here in Longmont is a real asset to the community. Over the years, I have seen dozens of young guys develop a strong work ethic and professionalism because of their work experience there. The manager helps them move their lives in the right direction. I like to support that.

Plus all the perks such as lifetime rotation & balance with a tire inspection each time keeps me safe on the road.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Thank you for your business ArcticDriver, we appreciate your support.
I will be looking for tires not too far in the future- I have new tires on the front but will need 4 for the rear (running Firestone’s) it looks like the closest store to me (62012) is Springfield IL. About 1-1/2 hrs away.... Do you show any stores in the St. Louis, Mo. area? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well, so far these cheap tires are doing pretty good. Traction seems OK in wet and snow. The ride is well, it's and F350 so it is what it is, and they aren't noisy either. Will see how they wear.

I do have to go back as the right rear has a leak, loses about a pound a week. Had the LP warning go off once already. So either they didn't clean the rim well enough, or the valve stem is leaking. My one gripe is that they didn't bother to reset the TPMS when they were done and had the rims mixed up so the alert was triggered. I wound up buying my own tool to reset them. The fronts and rears are set to 65 front and 80 rear and it thought the right rear was the left front.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts