The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,865 Posts
Could be a problem with the Idle Validation Switch. If that's sticking, it won't rev. You could try some contact cleaner spray on the IVS (located on the accelerator pedal assembly).

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2000 f350 but mine has manual transmission. All other lights and gages still work. Replaced several fuses today. Help?
Which fuses did you replace?
Were they each blown?
Did you replace fuse #19?
I do see you have a ZF-6.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
According to the wiring schematic RT provided in Post #2 of this thread, page 3 of the .pdf, fuse #19 can still be the culprit for your symptoms on a 2000 ZF-6.

It should be a 10-amp red fuse.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2000 f350 but mine has manual transmission. All other lights and gages still work. Replaced several fuses today. Help?
Did you replace the same fuse several times or multiple fuses and do you recall which ones? If the same fuse several times then it will be easier to track down the short.

Can you pull up RT’s wiring schematic from post #2? It displays everything that shares that circuit.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
This is the schematic from RT post #2.
F1C5D002-6F95-459D-93D4-8F197FFE1700.jpeg

Share the circuit Fuse #19:
—Instrument Cluster.
—4 wheel drive control module.
—Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor.
—Clutch Pedal Position Switch
—APCM

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Could be a problem with the Idle Validation Switch. If that's sticking, it won't rev. You could try some contact cleaner spray on the IVS (located on the accelerator pedal assembly).
Did you already follow Kevin’s suggestion?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Are your gauges working. The fuse that does the OD light, gauges and throttle pedal is the same - if the wire in the shifter shorts and takes out this fuse, you will have no throttle response - View attachment 22217

Apart from that, the actual throttle pedal could be bad. This is a fly by wire system, so no signal - no throttle.
Thank you RT - hit it right on the button and I did the fix yesterday (electrical tape) and though it was a booger finding the rough spot on the wire, I got it done! On my truck, I had to pull the shifter lever before I could find the short.

Thanks again :)

Reactions: ArcticDriver

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got it fixed. Found a wire that was rubbing on the clutch pedal up under the dash. Every time I pushed the clutch the fuse would blow. It was easy figuring it out from that.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts